(Updated November 1st, 2010)
For some services provided on our Sites, we may ask you to provide personal information such as name, email address, phone number and zip code. In addition, we may use website analytics tools, or other technologies, like cookies and web beacons, to collect information about your visit to the website, including the pages you view, the links you click and other actions taken in connection with the website and services. We may also collect certain standard information that your browser sends to every web site you visit, such as your IP address, browser type and language, access times and referring Web site addresses.
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name and email address, (i) when you (or other users) provide it to us when using our website or in some other manner, or (ii) from our business partners, and from other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our website:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools, such web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our website and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Use of Personal Information
We use personal information to provide you with the services you have requested from us and our partners. In addition, we use personal information to send you periodic email communications about products and services offered by us or our partners, to operate and improve our Sites and services, to respond to customer inquiries, and to send you survey or other communications.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not rent, sell or share personal information about you with other people except to provide products or services you’ve specifically requested from us or our partners, and under the following circumstances:
- Third Party Service Providers. We may disclose personal information to one or more third parties to provide you with the services you’ve specifically requested. For example, if you request our help in locating a senior care provider, we may disclose your personal information to one or more senior care providers who will contact you directly. If you request information from our third party providers, including those providing help with relocation or other elder care services, we may disclose your personal information to one or more of such providers who will contact you directly. Service providers may contact you by email, telephone, regular mail, in person visits or other means. We do not regulate how these third party service providers use or disclose your personal information.
- Internal Analysis and Operations. We may disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic trends among our users. We may outsource these tasks and disclose personal information about you to third parties, provided the use and disclosure of your personal information by these third parties is restricted to performance of such tasks.
- Legal and Other Compliance. We may disclose personal information when we believe it is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply this privacy statement or our other policies or agreements; to protect our or our users’ rights, property or safety; or to protect our users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of, our Sites; or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person requires disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay.
- Business Transfers. We may disclose personal information as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing, sale of company assets, or other business transaction.
Please be advised that we may provide links to third party websites from our Sites as a service to our users, but we have no ability to control the privacy and data collection practices of such sites and the privacy policies of such sites may differ from the Sites. Therefore, we encourage you to review and understand the privacy policies of such sites before providing them with any information.
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information to protect it from loss, misuse, alternation or destruction by any unauthorized party while it is under our control.
Third Party Advertising Companies
We do not intend, and these Sites are not designed, to collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under 13 years old, you should not register for our services or otherwise provide information on our Sites.
You may opt-out of email communications that you receive from us by following the opt-out instructions that we include in every email we send you.
Questions and Concerns
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or the privacy practices of our Sites, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.